Saturday, January 26, 2008

Book Review: Twilight

Twilight (Twilight Series, Book 1) Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Teenagers Bella and Edward are star-crossed lovers because he has is a vampire and she is a human. But they can't fight their attraction. She is like a drug to him. As Eward says to Bella, "Exactly my kind of heroin." The story then unfolds into another vampire becoming fixated on Bella and Edward and his family trying to protect her.

I wasn't going to read it. I knew it was YA and I just thought okay it will be too high schoolish/immature for me to enjoy but after seeing several friends rave about it, I decided to give in. I enjoy vampire books and movies so I am not sure why I held back so long because it was such a good read. I read it 2 times right away. I want to own the series as they will be books I will keep coming back too.

Meyer's made me care about Edward & Bella and every other character in the book. She created an interesting story with compelling characters.

Warning: Have the 2nd book ready to go after reading the first!

View all my reviews.

No comments: