Monday, October 30, 2006

Nice Day...

Today Michael's parents arrived and went right away into work on draining the evaporative cooler (swamp cooler - basically air conditioning for the dessert climates). Michael although he has moved to a new brace and now using a cane (was on crutches) - isn't in condition to be climbing ladders and such. So I am very grateful his parents coming over to do this for us. It was incredibly nice of them.

I started my day by making cupcakes. I made chocolate cupcakes with orange buttercream frosting and then used candy corn to decorate. I wanted to take black gumdrops and make spiders but I looked for just a bag of black gumdrops and couldn't find them. You would think that this time of the year they would be easy to find. hmmmpphh! (pictures to come later.)

The frosting didn't set right. And so was kind of dripping down the sides. So these are a little sloppy for my likes but Michael and his parents thought they were cute and said they tasted very good.

After the things that needed to get done here were, we all went shopping. Our town that is not a huge city but it just opened a Kohl's the beginning of October. I have always enjoyed Kohl's so today I finally was able to go....yay! I am grateful Michael suggested it. They had a big sale this weekend and we were just so busy I didn't think about asking if we could go. Michael's parents got me a gift certificate from there for my birthday so I used some of that and got a shirt and some fuzzy socks. I love socks and have many to keep my feet nice and toasty warm. We went to Target after that and got 2 movies - Pirates of the Caribbean and the new X Men. And then we headed to a late lunch early dinner of Chinese food...Frank and JoAnne had it the last time they were here and raved about it ever since. So as a thank you for coming over and working so hard Michael treated them to that. Migraine struck me tonight. I think there was msg in something I ate today and with the string of migraines I have had lately sometimes little things that normally don't bother me...do.

Tomorrow morning I am making breakfast burritos. And then we are kind of just keeping the rest of the day open to whatever. I am not sure what I will make for dinner.

No comments: