Saturday, July 30, 2005

Relaxing Saturday

I realized I had not posted in a while...Michael has been so busy with work that I have been feeling a little sorry for myself -- down in the dumps so I have not posted. We had some quality time today though so that was nice.

I started the day off making muffins -- Michael was happy to smell the baking coming through the house to the office where he was on the phone with his parents. He was giving them their next computer lesson. They are doing so good! I am very proud of them.

After breakfast, we kind of lounged around for a bit before going out to do some errands. We grabbed lunch at Bear Rock Cafe...which has really good sandwiches. We ate and talked a bit before heading to our next destinations...Borders for Michael and Michael's Arts and Crafts for me.

Michael bought me 3 rubber stamps - a sun, a butterfly and then a bigger one that looked like a collage. It has 15 squares each with a different design. They are interesting and beautiful. I am having trouble describing it -- so a picture is to the right. I can't wait to use it (probably tomorrow as I have some art swaps that I need to get done).

I made a card the other day . With encouragement from family and friends -- I am thinking of making some more cards. I really want to find some handmade paper cards in natural earthy colors. The one in the picture on the link is a set of cards I bought that are handmade paper with silver specks in them and the envelopes are made from the same paper. And I really like those cards, but of course I bought them several years ago and can't remember where I picked them up. They are in bright colors that work, but with natural earthy colors I think they will go with anything I design. I did see some ivory card stock with envelopes in the size I needed today, but they were kind of pricey and not well unique enough for me. So, that is something I am looking for online is handmade paper cards -- if anyone knows where I can find some at a good price please let me know -- thank you!

So back on track of the day....after a few more stops we headed back home where we started watching Seven Years in Tibet. For dinner Michael made a pitcher of margaritas and I made nachos. We watched the rest of the movie while eating dinner. It was a nice relaxing evening -- which we both needed.

No comments: