Wednesday, September 16, 2009

100 Things | Magazines

20. I have a slight obsession with magazines.

I like reading magazines. Of course I am kind of obsessed about books too but magazines are good while traveling, while water is boiling, when I need a few moments to just take a break - a magazine is a good choice for me. I have a stack next to the bed, a magazine rack in the living room and then one in my studio. Most of the magazines I have subscriptions to are free or very low cost. I know that so much print media isn't great for the environment but I try to repurpose or recycle them.

Right now some of my favorites are: Real Simple(which if you look closely at the picture you can see a ton of flags sticking out it), Better Homes and Garden, Food and Wine and Metropolitan Home. I have little flags sticking out of those ones the most.

Photos if from the basket of magazines I have in my studio.

2 comments:

Kathie said...

I like to read magazines too, but I'm cheap so I'm always buying old issues at the thrift store and book sales ;) I do love when I get those subscription deals for super cheap.

Darby said...

Kathie, I am cheap too with magazines because they cost so much normally. The most expensive subscription I bought myself was 8.95 for Food and Wine. And that was a really really good deal for that magazine. Most of them I get for free - I got on a mailing list at one point that just sent me notices for free subscriptions and then also I have got a few for filling out surveys.

I never see to many magazines at our thrift stores. I wonder if people don't think of turning them here. But I know that the ones I won't recycle or reuse here I will make sure I give to our thrift stores.