Saturday, January 24, 2009

Quote from Living the Creative Life


From Living the Creative Life by Rice Freeman-Zachery: "Most of us think there's a right way to do everything, from the "right way" to brush your teeth, to the "right way" to paint a picture (like Rembrandt or Jackson Pollock, but not like your five-year-old nephew). Most of us given a canvas, a brush and a set of paints and told, "Paint a tree," would be terrified. A Tree? What kind of tree? How big? What shades of green should I use? We'll search the internet for photographs and paintings of trees, hoping to learn the "right way" to paint such a thing."

(just adding the image of a tree that I did for a round robin altered book - I like that tree I just put the paper that I cut that tree from paper that I basically used as a scrap piece of paper to paint on top of - and then I just added a little more paint to it and cut a tree out.)

No comments: