Friday, January 30, 2009

A celebration of us

I'm truly lucky.

This Sunday marks an anniversary for Darby and I as this date marks the first time we saw each other face to face in the eastern baggage claim at Denver International Airport. I remember standing by a support pillar seeing her for the first time and a very big smile came over my face.

"She's so incredibly beautiful," I thought to myself, glowing so brightly it must've caught her attention.

Our eyes met.

Somehow in that moment - I just knew. Somehow in that moment - I think she knew too.

Officially I started emailing her several months prior -- nervous as all get out -- not knowing if she'd ever respond or even have an interest. I'm rather insecure about why people like me - an unfortunate casualty deeply rooted from my awkward high school and college days. But here she stood before me, deeply interested and I couldn't keep my eyes off of her.

I fell in love of the promise of her someday.

On February 1st, 2003 -- that promise came true for me.

I realize I haven't been the best relationship partner and I'll be the first to admit that I'm no where close to being perfect in any sense of the word, but I feel truly blessed to have Darby in my life and I'm forever grateful that she took that leap of faith moment to reply back to me and to make the journey to Colorado in early springtime. For it was this moment - in 2003 - that I knew I had something special and words still escape the feelings I have even to this day.

I love you very much Darby.
Love,
-M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!