Monday, January 26, 2009

100 Things | West Wing

15. I am a HUGE West Wing fan.

I mean HUGE! Just talking writing about it right now will give me this need to watch it again.

In 2004, I was folding clothes in the living room so flipping through channels trying to find something to watch while I did that task I dislike so much. And I found repeats of West Wing on Bravo. It ended up being a very moving episode in which I ended up in tears (not hard to do in the first place.) Michael was passing through the living room and stopped to watch some with me - and well from there he was hooked. He had never really seen it before. And the writing of West Wing is really amazing so that it was hard for us to not become addicted. We ended up recording episodes from there and watching it daily.

Eventually we started slowly getting the seasons on DVD. And it one we go to often. We will have West Wing days where we will snuggle up on the couch and watch West Wing all day. Recently we hooked Michael's parents on it.

It doesn't matter how many times we have seen them. We still cheer, cry (okay so I cry and Michael doesn't), laugh and get invested in it. It is good entertainment, good life lessons plus it taught me some things about government I didn't know before. I mean Josh's lessons to Donna alone were good refreshers of how the government works.

I could never name a favorite episode because there are so many. You should hear me when we are watching the DVD's - the start of the episode will come on and it will jog my memory of which one it is and I turn to Michael and say this is a good one. And if I don't do it at the beginning I always do it at the end saying that was a good one. Almost almost EVERY episode I say that. I also don't have a favorite character because I love them all. Each has great depth of personality and passion.

What spawned this 100 things post was I found this video that does the West Wing theme/opening but with President Obama and his staff.

No comments: