Friday, October 31, 2008

Gratitude Friday

Just a quick little post before my gratitude list...

In the 5 years I have lived here we have had exactly 1 kid knock at our door on Halloween - hence we turn off the light and don't buy candy. Tonight we have had 3 knocks and I can actually hear kids. My studio is in the front of the house and I have heard groups of kids walking by. We didn't get candy so we had our light off and didn't answer when they knocked but it is just really odd that this year we got them. I really don't remember seeing more kids in the neighborhood. Every year I am a little sad it is we don't get them and then this year we probably could have had about 20. Not many but more then the whole last 5 years combined.

I am thankful for...
1. Burt's Bee Replenishing Lip Balm with pomegranate oil! It smells so good but also relieves my dry lips. It is just a little thing that makes me happy and so I am thankful for it.
2. Airborne as I felt like I had a cold coming on but the Airborne seems to have chased it away.
3. The leaves changing. It is just so beautiful and a just a wonderful reminder of the nature's cycles. And the enormity that has on our lives.
4. A perforated French Bread pan....Michael bought it for me this week and I am loving it!
5. The right to vote. Michael and I voted early this past week.

I recognize that I have much more to be thankful for in my life

No comments: