Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hillary hit it out of the park and it is still going....

Oh my....Hillary Clinton did an AMAZING job tonight! She really pumped up the energy of the DNC. We watch MSNBC and the crowd outside with Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews were even more energized. I feel she did a great job at UNITY.

A few favorite lines...

"No Way, No How, No McCain!" -- Great line and sound bite!

"John McCain says the economy is fundamentally sound. He doesn’t think there’s a health care crisis, and wants to privatize Social Security, and thinks it’s OK for women to receive unequal pay for equal work. It's fitting that George Bush and John McCain will be appearing together in the Twin Cities because it's awfully hard to tell them apart." -- GREAT GREAT line! I was laughing. And with family in the Twin Cities, you know I feel for them having the twins there for the Republican Convention.

"To my supporters, the Sisters of the Traveling Pantsuits, thank you." -- Very cute line. The audience laughed and cheered.

"I want you to ask yourselves, were you in this campaign just for me? Or were you in it for that young Marine and others like it? Or were you in it for that mom struggling with cancer? Were you in it for that young boy and his mom surviving on the minimum wage? Were you in it for all the invisible people?" --- Personally I think this is the much needed line as it really asks if her followers if they were just voting for her or the issues. If it is the issues then vote Obama -- and if it was just for her then she believes in Obama so vote for Obama.

"By following the example of a brave New Yorker, a woman who risked her life to shepherd slaves along the Underground Railroad. On that path to freedom, Harriet Tubman had one piece of advice:

If you hear the dogs, keep going. If you see the torches in the woods, keep going. If they're shouting after you, keep going. Don't ever stop. Keep going. If you want a taste of freedom, keep going. And even in the darkest of moments, that is what Americans have done — we have found the faith to keep going.

I've seen it in you. I've seen it in our teachers and firefighters, nurses and police officers, small business owners and union workers, the men and women of our military you always keep going.

We are Americans. We're not big on quitting. But remember, before we can keep going, we've got to get going by electing Barack Obama the next president of the United States."
-- This for me was another one of those Yes we can moments...where I felt like yes...lets not give up our freedom and lets not give up hope and keep fighting the good fight....and elect Obama.

"Nothing less than the fate of our nation and the future of our children hang in the balance. I want you to think about your children and grandchildren come Election Day. And think about the choices your parents and grandparents made that had such a big impact on your life and on the life of our nation. We've got to ensure that the choice we make in this election honors the sacrifices of all who came before us, and will fill the lives of our children with possibility and hope." -- And then this line I think rung true for me too...I do feel our fate as a nation hangs in the balance because we have had such a horrible 8 years and I just can't imagine another 4 of it with McCain. It make me feel so sad for us as nation.

I think she did a great job at doing what she needed to for this speech tonight. The energy was amazing and I look forward to roll call tomorrow as well as President Clinton's speech and Joe Biden's too. I suspect it will be an evening in front of the TV tomorrow night.


(Full transcript of speech)

No comments: