Monday, August 18, 2008

Doing Not Thinking Challenge

My friend Kathie over at Two Frog Home has a challenge that I decided to participate in....

Here is the copy from her blog about it: Want to “do” along with me? Here’s what you need to do: Pick a dream or a goal, any one of your many. Examples might be: exercising 3 days a week, creating a budget to be debt free by 2010, learning to dehydrate, decluttering, etc. Post your dream/goal on your blog or feel free to just play along here in the comments. Let’s start with one dream/goal for now, if you accomplish it before December 15th, you can always pick a new one later. Participants are welcome to join along any time during this challenge, you don’t have to be along from the very beginning to “do” with us.

So here are my goals:
1. I had a goal of 50 books for this year and passed it so to myself I had quietly said 100. So now outloud I say I want to get 100 books read this year.
2. Bake more bread instead of buying -- I always have back up bought loaves in the freezer and somehow they always get used and then I get another. So I want to committ to making my own bread more often.
3. Which leads to this one -- learning how to make buns -- hamburger and hotdog buns. We eat brats and hot dogs quite a bit during the summer and although it is ending soon I have been wanting to make buns for a while. So maybe I can have them mastered by next summer. I found some good instructions in a Beth Hensperger book and setting this goal I believe will help me just do it!

Each Monday I will do an update of how I am doing with these goals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to have you on board! I'm impressed and a bit jealous of your book reading goals. You're reviews sure keep my "to read" list full!

PS: Thanks so much for the birthday card!

Darby said...

Thank you for starting the challenge! I just started reading a book that I think will help me in my bread baking goal. It is about making bread a big batch of dough shaping them into balls and storing them in your fridge for a week (or two on some recipes) that you take out as needed...just 20 minutes before wanting to bake.

I am glad you got your card! :)