Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thy feet rarely touch the ground...

Here it is - nearing the end of the third week of October and I'm left scratching the top of my head wondering exactly where did the summer and fall go. It seems like we were just gearing up for a major project in Golden, Colorado -- and then I blinked somewhere -- and we're almost ready for Halloween! Yikes!

Ever since I left the PD's office, I've completely lost track of the days of the week, and even lost track of what month it is. I've been trying to get down some normalcy of a schedule, but as I found out this week: it constantly changes. No matter if I have the entire week mapped out in terms of what to do Monday, where to go Tuesday and who to contact Wednesday -- nothing ever seems to go according to plan. There's always a few last minute snafu type snags just eventually wreck the over all list of things to do.

...and I firmly believe this is how I've effectively lost track of time...

But - I will say that we've had a very nice time over the last few months. Starting back in the summer when we made the long road trip to Minneapolis for Bob & Sandi's 40th anniversary, to even making an errand run to the post office a couple of days ago. You'd think that we'd get sick of each other - me spending what is now a permanent, full-time schedule from home -- but it hasn't been like that. I'm sure it's different for other couples, but we really enjoy the time we share together. Granted, a great deal of that time is spent when I'm in my office working and Darby is in her studio getting creative -- but we see each other, we can walk next door to see what the other is doing -- and when my errands take me out of the house, we usually go together so that we can enjoy the Colorado scenery together.

So when I look back on the past year - I can honestly say: it's been wonderful!! :)

Now if I can just address that "feet not touching the ground" part...

No comments: