Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Black Smoke for Halloween to make it eerie...right? Not quite...

I have a pumpkin cheesecake in the oven. I found a tip that you won't have a cracked cheesecake if you put a couple teaspoons of cornstarch in it. So that is what I did (but it didn't work - at least not for me). I usually do the normal water bath for it - which is also suppose to prevent cracking but I found it doesn't always work either. So I am on the phone with Michael and then I realize the house is filling up with smoke....I look in cheesecake is fine but there was a little leaking that spill was burning something terrible. I have all the windows open...and exhaust fan going too. I haven't "noticed" my pan leak when it was in the bath.

I am not sure why I didn't think about that in the first place. I mean it is a cheesecake pan obviously how the thing fits together and all the years I have had it...it can't be perfectly sealed still so why I didn't put at least a pan under it....I am not sure. But there is one there now...of course as I am waving black smoke towards the open windows!

(going to post a picture and recipe of the pumpkin cheesecake on cooking blog in a few days)

No comments: