Saturday, April 20, 2013

52 Lists - Week 15

I have collected quotes for as long as I can remember. Just picking a handful for this list was really hard on me.  In this photo there are 3 journals from high school to college that are full of quotes I collected. Some I read now and shake my head why I put that in there and others I forgot about and thankful to find again.  I have a lot of quotes on my On the Inside board on Pinterest and also My Map board. I also have a tag on here for quotes I post to the blog.



Week 15 - Favorite Quotes

"He knew one of the women well, and had shared his universe with her. They had seen the same mountains, and the same trees, although each of them had seem them differently. She knew his weaknesses, his moments of hatred, of despair. Yet she was there at his side. They shared the same universe."   - Paulo Coelho, The Valkyries

“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - - Rumi

“Try to find pleasure in the speed that you're not used to. Changing the way you do routine things allows a new person to grow inside of you. But when all is said and done, you're the one who must decide how you handle it." - From Paulo Coelho's book The Pilgrimage

“When you open your heart and mind to new perceptions you are shown a whole new way to view your life. - Gabrielle Bernstein - Spirit Junkie

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

"You're imperfect, and you're wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging." ~Brené Brown

“A path is only a path, and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you . . .Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself alone, one question - Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't it is of no  use."  -- Carlos Castaneda, The Teachings
of Don Juan

“We have to choose joy and keep choosing it.” - Henri JM Nouwen

“Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy-the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” - Brene Brown


Challenge: I will live out one of my quotes by....
“Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” - Brene Brown

One thing I am trying to focus on is accepting myself as I am.  Often I think I do give others more kindness than I give myself.  So this year I am trying to be gentle, kind and encouraging to myself as well as others.

No comments: