This recipe was one of those...Double Crunch Pie...I had to modify it to make it work. Find the original recipe here.
- Prepare pie filling in a large bowl according to package directions.
- Fold whipped topping into pie filling; stir until well blended.
- Spread pie filling mixture evenly in pie crust. Chill in freezer until slightly set, about 10 minutes.
- Combine cookie chunks, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips in a small bowl. Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Freeze until 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
The original had 15 crushed cookies on top and that would have been mounds and mounds of cookies that wouldn't have fit on the pie. It wouldn't set up and if you see in the picture on the original link the texture of the pie is the same as mine so I believe that it is frozen and not just refrigerated.