Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cheeseburger Flatbread

I found this recipe on Kevin and Amanda. I did change a few things. 



Cheeseburger Flatbread Melts
1 lb ground turkey browned and drained (ground beef can be used also)
1/4 cup water
1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tbsp mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
11 oz pizza dough 
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Brown and drain ground meat. Add water, vinegar, onion soup mix, ketchup, mustard and garlic. Stir to combine and simmer over low heat. 

Heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Divide the pizza dough into six to eight equal portions and press the pieces out to make them a little bit bigger. Fry the dough for one minute on each side or until golden brown and bubbly. Remove to a paper towel to drain. Top with beef mixture and shredded cheese.

Makes 6 to 8 flatbread melts. 

NOTES:
* I left out the apple cider the last time I made it and it really didn't change the taste much. 
* I increased the ketchup because I didn't feel it was covering the meat enough when I stirred it in.  But you could try it with the 1/4 cup first and then see if you need a little more. 
* Amanda's recipe uses the thin crust pizza dough but I tried it and then regular but really didn't find much difference except maybe got a little bit bigger pieces of flatbread out of the regular pizza dough. 


Click on the title of the post and then this button to print. 
Print Friendly and PDF


No comments: