Monday, March 07, 2011

Natalie Merchant



This is Natalie Merchant singing from her album, Leave Your Sleep. The lyrics are from 19th-century poetry.

I wish my memory was better. Because I know I saw 10,000 Maniacs when they opened with R.E.M but I would swear they were at Ranch Bowl in Omaha also. Seeing her dance is what brings up a faint memory. I remember my friend Shurie and I dancing and I have this memory of Natalie (or someone very similar dancing style) coming off the stage at Ranch Bowl and dancing. The stage at Ranch bowl was tiny so she needed to move. But when I look at the dates she was in Omaha - it only lists the one with R.E.M. So it must have been someone else. I know that I saw a lot of bands at the Ranch Bowl....many before they made it big and went on to the Civic years later.

Anyway...I love this performance she did at TED. It is very much Natalie's style and I just love it.

No comments: