Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Annie's Mac-n-Cheese


I picked up some Annie's Mac-n-cheese for 49 cents a box and although I know I could make homemade for very cheap sometimes convenient food is exactly that convenient. Annie's is organic and all-natural alternative to the kind with preservatives. We had never had Annie's before and it was good. But I didn't want to make it on the stove top so I compared directions online for it verses Kraft Mac-n-Cheese and found they weren't off that much except Annie's offers tangy alternative suggestion such as yogurt instead of milk. So I just used Kraft's microwave directions and it worked great for Annie's.

So the microwave directions that I used for Annie's....
No Drain Microwave Method:
1. Pour Macaroni into 1 1/2 or 2 quart microwavable bowl. Add 1 3/4 cups hot water.
2. Microwave, uncovered, on high 8 to 10 minutes or until water is absorbed, stirring every 3 minutes. Continue as directed on box at step 4 where you add the milk.

No comments: