Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Boyfriend

There is this scene in Sex in the City Movie (first one) where Mr. Big and Carrie are looking at apartments. And one of the people showing them an apartment calls Mr. Big Carrie's husband and she quickly corrects the person by saying he is my boyfriend. And Mr. Big said, "Aren't I a little old to be a boyfriend?" And Carrie say she will start calling him her Manfriend. Mr. Big didn't find that amusing either.

Anyway - I go through a similar thing as Mr. Big - it sounds so corny to me to call Michael my boyfriend. We are in our 40's - so not boy and girl but man and woman just not in the marriage sense. But yes in the dictionary definition of the word Michael is my boyfriend. Occasionally I will say significant other but you know that just doesn't flow very easily either. I really would like to come up with a different word then boyfriend.

I just called Michael my Manfriend and he looked at me like I was very strange. He should know that by now. So I think Manfriend is out. So any suggestions would be helpful.

No comments: