Saturday, January 02, 2010

133 Books for 2009

So I read 133 books this year and I was trying figure out which were my favorites....doing the top 10 but not in any order....

1. Her Fearful Symmerty by Audrey Niffenegger
2. The Flavor Bible
3. What to Drink with What you Eat
4. Stephanie Plum books (all of them!) by Janet Evanovich
5. Sookie Stackhouse books (all of them!) by Charlaine Harris
6. The Pioneer Woman's Cookbook by Ree Drummond
7. The Weekend Baker by Abigail Johnson Dodge
8. Martha Stewart's Cooking School: Lessons and Recipes for the Home Cook
9. The Domino Book of Decorating: A Room-by-Room Guide to Making You Happy by Deborah Needleman
10. The Power of Kindness: The Unexpected Benefits of Leading a Compassionate Life by Piero Ferrucci

2 comments:

Gina said...

i have never thought of counting the number of books i read in a given year. What a neat idea. Gives a lot of perspective into what I was thinking about at the time. Since i haven't read a book yet this year, i may do that. Thanks for the idea.

gina

Darby said...

Gina, I use goodreads.com and then create a bookshelf(tag) for each year but it actually records when I am done. And I can sort all the books I read by date. It also has a feature to do reviews and publish them to facebook. Or an easy formated cut and paste for posting them to blogs. You can go check out my profile to see all my book shelves and check out the features of the site. I really like that I do keep track of every book I read and when. Like you said it is nice looking back and knowing what was going on at that time in your life and the books that went along with it.

http://www.goodreads.com/darby