Saturday, February 07, 2009

Randomness

Just this week in random little tidbits...

* Made 2 loaves of french bread yesterday. I made meatballs earlier in the day so I just need to heat sauce and make pasta for dinner. Oh and throw the salad together too. So the house smelled really good yesterday.

*The other day I was making croutons and getting quite a mound of them so knew I wouldn't use all the bread I had in the freezer. Often when we have steak sandwiches or brats there is always one or 2 buns left so I put them in the freezer. Also when we eat french bread we often don't finish it before I feel it is getting a little to stale or hard so I stick in the freezer to use for croutons or bread crumbs well this time I pulled out several brat buns and several ends of french bread and decided to make french bread pizzas out of them for lunches. I cut them all in half and then put some tomato sauce on them with seasons. Sprinkled it with Parmesan cheese and topped them pizza toppings and then cheese. I wrapped them in plastic wrap and put them in ziplocks into the freezer. We pulled a couple out for lunch on Thursday and I put them on a pizza pan straight from the freezer to the preheated oven and they tasted very good.

* I finally was able to get to some organizing the other day - that I had intended to do back in January but then I fell. It felt so good to get things organized. I even had some open spaces in the cupboards right now after reorganizing.

* I started reading the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris. Many will recognize that name from HBO's True Blood. It is the books that True Blood is based on. I read book 1 last night - in one sitting. I put the order in for the library for the next 3. The first half of the book is all the episodes I had seen of True Blood. I just couldn't keep up with them because of my schedule at the time they were airing so I just ended up deleting them all. Of course now I am wishing I would have just kept them on the DVR indefinitely - at least until I could watch them as I really enjoyed book one. It is very different from Anita Blake series by Laurell Hamilton but I get the same amused entertained feelings after reading it. I just enjoyed it. It wasn't deep but I couldn't put it down as I just was thoroughly entertained.

* migraines this week - woohoo - NOT. But I feel like I accomplished quite a bit this week even though I had a string of migraines.

photos: Top one of the pizzas wrapped and ready to go into the freezer. Second one of baked French Bread Pizza

No comments: