Monday, February 09, 2009

100 Things | No Coffee



17. I like most hot beverages except coffee.

Michael is a coffee drinker so he brews a pot every morning and it smells so good. It is a comforting smell - of home. I like coffee flavored things such as ice cream. I like sweets with coffee added to them. I have a couple recipes that add coffee to them and they have such a deep rich flavor. I have coffee scented candles that smell delicious. But I don't drink coffee. I just don't like the taste even with sugar and cream there is a bitter taste that I can't get past. I have even tried the General Foods International Coffees and I can't drink them either(though have used them in recipes before and they were good).

I like various teas, chais, hot cider, mulled wine and hot cocoa just not coffee. I have had fru-fru coffees such as a white chocolate peppermint mocha from Starbucks. I can drink that but the sweetness and peppermint mask the coffee in enough that I can so not like I am really drinking coffee so I really don't count that.

No comments: