Thursday, December 25, 2008

Kitty Cat Christmas





We give our kitty cats presents in stockings for each. I wrap them and then we unwrap them for them of course. But I wrap them because they love sniffing and playing with the wrapping paper.

The other day when we picked up some toys for them Caesar instantly found the bag of them amongst our other purchases that day. He was a little frantic to get into the package, as there was a toy with some pretty potent catnip toy in the sack. I had to take the sack and put it on a high shelf in my studio to keep them out. But Chessie still smelled it and would stretch up on the shelving unit knowing it was around there somewhere.

So last night I wrapped the kitty cat toys. Caesar and Chessie had went to bed with Michael but as soon as I started to wrap here comes Caesar and he WOULD NOT leave me ALONE. I scooted him out of the room and close the door to wrap. I didn't dare put their stockings out as I feel they would have been ripped apart to get at that toy. So I again put them on the shelving unit. And sure enough as soon as we pulled them down this morning they were circling. Who ever says catnip isn't addictive...is on drugs themselves because oh my the stuff in this toy was potent catnip and they went crazy for it. We only got one toy like it was there was some fighting over it. Thankfully we bought a little container of the same type of catnip so sprinkled that around too.

So between the catnip and the wrapping paper and tissue that the cats love we had an amusing Christmas morning just watching them. They love wrapping paper and tissue. They hide under it and attack each other and toys. Michael filmed some and streamed it online to his parents. And they enjoyed watching our crazy kitty cats.




Photos: from top to bottom - Caesar with toys sprinkled with catnip, Chessie playing with the catnip toy, Caesar rolling on the wrapping paper from the catnip toy, Caesar on playing on the tissue paper, Chessie really getting at the catnip toy, and the last two are Caesar under tissue paper hiding and about to attack Chessie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What adorable kitties!