Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hallmark Nostalgic Houses and Shops

My Mom started on me this set of ornaments in 1984 and I am missing only 2 out of the series. I don't use them as ornaments but instead set them up kind of like a little village. This year I put them on a counter that runs along one wall in our dining room and put little white lights behind them.

They really fit me perfectly for so many reasons. I loved dolls growing up - I loved playing with all sorts of dolls - paper, barbie and so on. I also as a little girl drew floor plans for "dream" houses. And although I an adult I still adore those things. So I always enjoy getting them out each Christmas and looking at each before lining them up.

Michael snapped some photos for me of them...





The little angels in front of them Michael calls the GIANTS. My Aunt Sharla gave me them many years ago but I lose them when I hang them on the tree. They are so pretty that I really like to display them even if not on the tree. So I thought they could be the guardian angels of my little village.

(click on photos to get a bigger view)

No comments: