Tuesday, January 09, 2007

This and That and Ebay

Michael has had a really busy month already and it is only the 9th today. And it doesn't look like it will let up at all this month. He leaves to go out of town next week so I hope to do some things like get bunches of stuff on ebay. And finish some art I started last week. I have some ideas for Valentine's also I want to get working on too.


Back to Ebay though. I took down all our holiday decorations and decided to go through my Hallmark Keepsake Nostalgic Houses and Shops to see which ones I was missing. It looks like I am missing 1986 and 2001. Of course the 1986 one is a rare one and worth the most in the collection. It is worth $300 to $320 in the secondary market (in box - with price tag in mint condition). So I went to Ebay and looked for my 2 missing ornaments that 1986 house doesn't seem to go for anything under $60 (without the box even). And I saw it go for as high as $135. The other one is available and usually less expensive then its price tag. I got up at 7am yesterday morning to try to win a bid on the 1986 house (without a box) and it went higher then I was willing to pay for an ornament - even one that will help make my collection complete. I really was amazed when I started researching the houses how much they are worth. One ornament over $300? WOW!

What else to report...

We shot a friends son's wedding this weekend. I think we got a lot of good footage and I am sure Michael will do a great job on the video. It is going to take him a while though as this month is busy and next month looks as though it will be really busy too.

I woke up with a migraine cluster today - but it is the first I had of that kind in a long while so I was happy although it is really painful. Not much else for me to report right now.

(photos Michael took with the glow of the christmas tree lights on my little village of Hallmark Nostalgic Houses and Shops)

No comments: