Friday, September 08, 2006

Driving....

Okay so I have never been fond of driving. Because my birthday is in October I could have been driving before my classmates when turning 16. And really I still was but I didn't get my drivers license *on* my birthday because I just don't like driving. It really has never changed. Before I get in the car I think about where I am going, how I will get there exactly, what lanes I need to be in and where I will try to park when I get there. Driving stresses me out and sends me into almost a OCD mode and so I don't like driving. Well not true...I don't actually mind long distance driving. I used to kind of enjoy the drive from Cleveland, Ohio to Topeka, Kansas - did that several times. But city driving makes me anxious. So when I moved to be with Michael if I need to go store or need something, he drives and we go together. And we both like it that way...spending time together, doing things together. So I don't drive very often but just at times I do just to keep up with it.

So Michael hurt his knee the day after he came home from his trip so he is pretty much immobile -- so I have *had* to drive. Since Michael's injury when I have had to drive it just basically one thing to do - go, do it and come home again. But today I drove several places and I was gone several hours and then came home.

It was just so odd and surreal....but okay. I survived driving again.

One another note...Michael has a hot car....men especially seem to notice his car and ALWAYS comment on that it is a "sweet" ride or "AWESOME car" - and you should see them look when it is a girl driving it. It was quite funny watching their reactions.

No comments: