Saturday, March 15, 2014

Morning Ritual

I receive Jennifer Louden's newsletter and she talked about Morning Ritual's asking other people what their personal morning ritual is like....and so it made me think about mine.

It is something that I would like to do, but I really don't have one. I would like one grounded in intention instead of just waking up.

Most mornings: I wake up when I wake up. I am lucky that I don't have a job that clocks in so I can just sleep until I wake up.  I then usually sit and just wake up. Usually by going through Instagram because looking at the photos in the morning - help me wake up without the assaults of social media chatter. I then do a quick a check of emails and then get up and make breakfast for myself and sometimes Michael. After breakfast, I unload and load dishwasher.  I plan what I am making for dinner and start household chores.

Slow morning: I wake up when I wake up, make breakfast, some tea,and then read.

I would like the slow morning to be more of a normal everyday ritual. 

No comments: