Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Zesty Corn on the Cob


Corn on the Cob - freshly cooked
Butter
Seasonings
Ziplock Bag

Place several pats of butter and seasonings in a ziplock bag. I put almost a pat of butter per ear of corn. And it is just to your taste on the seasonings but I probably start with a tablespoon of my main seasoning.

After husks are removed and corn is cooked, place hot corn into ziplock with butter and seasonings. Let the hot corn sit there for a moment to get the butter melting and then start move it around in the ziplock to incorporate the seasoning over the corn.

I used Northwood Seasonings by Penzeys which has coarse flake salt, paprika, black pepper, thyme, rosemary, garlic and chipotle. But I have also used Italian seasonings and just garlic cloves too. You really can just add so many different seasonings to spice up your corn on the cob.



No comments: