Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Snickerdoodle Bars

I have seen variations of this recipes all over blogosphere. But any of them I knew I would like as I like snickerdoodles and I like blondies. And these are a cross between the two. Michael and I both really liked them.



2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp salt
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup softened butter
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
a pinch ground nutmeg



Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan. Combine flour baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and set aside.

In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until smooth.

Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and pinch of nutmeg in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting. Makes 20-24 bars.

NOTE:
It is a thicker batter almost like a cookie. I had to press it lightly into the pan.


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: