Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cleaning Supplies


Since it was Earth Day yesterday it has made me think of all the ways I have done better in going green the past year and what ways I want to do better for the next. I know there are a lot more things I want to do.

But one thing I do is use all natural cleaning products. I think it has been about 3 years ago now that I started going to all natural cleaning products - homemade cleaning products. Growing up my Mom cleaned with vinegar a lot and I have used it on and off all my life too. I just decided to use it more and add things to it to make it more of an all-purpose cleaner.

I now have sitting on the counter 1 shaker with baking soda, 1 spray bottle with straight vinegar, 1 with hydrogen peroxide and then 1 with the following mixture. All of which I use to clean.

All-Purpose Spray
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 tsp liquid dish soap or something like Dr. Bonner's liquid soap
10 drops of essential oil (citrus, peppermint, or tea tree - I use tea tree and lemon)
water - to fill spray bottle

Mix ingredients in a spray bottle. Shake before use.

No comments: