Monday, June 28, 2010

Gamer Girl

Once in a land far far away (meaning the 90's), I played Tetris and another Tetris like game on Nintendo. I then moved to Sim City on the computer. But since then I haven't really played games like that.

Last summer while visiting my sisters they kept asking me join some games on Facebook so at least they had more friends/neighbors there. I did join a few but never played. And then around the end of September, I received yet another request to be neighbors with someone else. But knew my sisters were playing that game too. So I joined thinking I would only set it up and then be neighbors with those who needed neighbors. But...I started playing. And playing more. It didn't help that Michael was out of town when that request came in so playing a game is a great way to pass insomnia time since I don't sleep much while he is gone.

By the time he came home, I was really into Farmville. I didn't tell him at first about it. And I thought he would notice but he didn't until coming and seeing me play. He then joined because he said to me that just seeing me interested in a computer game made him happy. He loves games and plays many Facebook games and has just other computer games too.

I am really laid back about the game. I don't play it to compete with others. I play it because I like just the game overall. Until recently Farmville only went to level 70. And I reached it and wasn't sure what to be doing with it even though I still liked it. But they increased levels and added features again to make it more interesting for those of us in the higher levels.

At about the time I reached level 70, I saw an article about FrontierVille. It is a game put out by the same people that do Farmville. I really didn't think anything much about the game UNTIL I read that they were comparing it to Little House on the Prairie and I loved the books and TV series so I signed up immediately. I still don't like it as much as I like Farmville but playing these games has gave Michael and I yet another common interests. And he likes that I am now his Gamer Girl.

No comments: