Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Yesterday was lovely. I had cinnamon rolls raising before I went to bed on Wednesday so we had a few of those for breakfast on Thursday while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. Michael talked to several of his family members while I got things ready for the turkey dinner. We don't eat until 4pm so I just prepped.

While we waited for getting things in the oven, we watched a movie. We watched The Prestige. We ate about 4:30pm as pop up timer on the turkey didn't pop up until then even though I thought just by poundage it should have been done sooner. Michael and I had a good wine and stuffed ourselves! After we cleaned up the kitchen, I called my parents. My sister just closed on a house so I knew they were spending Thanksgiving working on the house. We chatted a bit and then Michael and I rolled ourselves to the couch to watch The Polar Express. It was so nice to be snuggled up on the couch watching it...I get such a gleeful feeling when I watch it. Eventually we had pumpkin pie and watched Project Runway (I will probably do another post on that). We ended up getting to bed about 1:30am with the alarm set for 4:30am because we decided to be insane hit Best Buy and Circuit City on Black Friday.

Best Buy was packed packed. They had everything really well stocked. Lots of tvs and other merchandise out ready to just be carted off. They had lots of people directing traffic as well as arrows and balloon throughout the store so you could stop and ask where are ipods and they would say go to the blue balloon. The had a person at the cashiers to direct plus each cashier had bright orange signs with numbers to wave when they were done. It really wasn't a horrible ordeal. But.... Circuit City I am just so over it with them. Last week we went in to get a few movies they had in their ad. They had notice of the misprinted ad - the list wasn't just one or 2 movies - no it was a list of like 15 to 20 movies that shouldn't have been listed leaving the real list to like 10 movies really on sale. Then the ad online for today had some things on sale that weren't on sale in the store but the ad online didn't say anything about being web only...and of course their website was out this morning. Crashed at 2am or something like that. They had lines for everything so if you wanted the hot deal on the big tv you had to wait in a line and then see if they had anymore in stock and then after that if you wanted game system you had to go wait in another line. And then you had to get in the cashier line with a print out slip(s). Oh and they were only letting so many people in the store which was probably good for their store as we have a smaller Circuit City. But waiting out in the cold to get into the store that really didn't have many of the things we were looking for really wasn't fun.

It was a good Thanksgiving though so that is what matters! We had a really nice day! Michael and I had good quality time together yesterday. It was very nice and I am very thankful to be with Michael.

No comments: