Sunday, November 04, 2007

November, already??

We were sitting down yesterday (I believe) when it dawned on me that not only were we in November, but my birthday isn't that far away AND that means Christmas is also very close -- which left me completely (and I mean completely) whiplashed into trying to figure out exactly where has our year gone?!?!?

Then when you try to break it down - it actually makes a little bit of sense:
July: Road trip to Minnesota to celebrate Bob and Sandi's 40th wedding anniversary
August: Denver for 3 weeks on a major project over there
September: Home for 2 weeks before leaving for Louisiana and out of town for another 3 weeks
October: Home for exactly 4 days before heading back over to celebrate Darby's birthday followed by a flurry of catching up, jury duty and getting sick......

And we're in November just like that..

A perfect whirlwind of a summer and fall -- with winter already staring us down.. YIKES!!

November looks to be just as busy in parts -- and Lord knows what awaits us for December.. Suffice to say though: we're very busy and in the middle of more projects than we can shake a stick at.. I love the idea of being busy - but it can be very overwhelming at the same time..

I did -- finally -- make the following observations: rest is good..

And I'm not talking about the type of afternoon break to watch a movie or something.. Thanks to being sick the past couple of days -- I walked away from all of the current project stuff so that I could just focus on resting.. That's when it dawned on me tonight that I'm actually feeling pretty jazzed about starting things back up tomorrow.. I'm not certain I'll be feeling 100% yet, but the drive is there to get things done and to be productive.. Which ultimately prescribes the following medication: if you don't rest occasionally, you will not work as efficiently as you expect yourself to..

It's only taken me over a year to finally make that determination, but hey -- better late than never..

Monday awaits and I think I'm ready.. :)

No comments: