Monday, November 26, 2007

The Golden Compass

Since I haven't had a book to read for several nights now I have been reading Cosmopolitan. Michael purchased something about 2 months ago and he got 4 subscriptions to magazines for very low price to free. Cosmo was free. I think Food & Wine was like $4 bucks and the most expensive one. So I got Cosmo because it was free. It has been years and years since I picked up a Cosmo. Was it always this bad? I remember reading it in high school and college but just don't remember it being this bad. The gal & guy confessions, the articles (if you can even call them that), the advice - it is all just horrible. I know I shouldn't be shocked it is Cosmo but I really don't remember it being this bad. The confessions I felt had to be written by kids and sent in because do people really do the things they "confess." Thank goodness I received email notification of the next book in His Dark Materials series is on hold and waiting for me. I think we might be picking that up today.

I am so excited for The Golden Compass movie to come out. I really enjoyed the book. Every time we see the trailer for it on tv -- I get so excited! Of course this movie is being protested just like the Harry Movies and other like movies. But I read a pretty good article about the movie. I understand Pullman critizies the Narnia series but I still like the Narnia series and actually thought of asking for that for Christmas as I would like to read those. I read the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe when I was a young girl but none of the others. Although I thought we had them. I think my sister got them for a gift. But back on topic I really am excited to see the The Golden Compass.

No comments: