Wednesday, May 30, 2007

In the Movies...

Today I had a doctor's appointment and then after we went to the new Pirate movie. We both thought it was GREAT! I like it better then the last one but maybe not quite as well as the first one. I thought the first one was very funny. And this one didn't seem to have that humor as much - still a little though. But it was a really great story to me.

Movies we have watched recently:
The Servant - a movie from 1963 and it was umm curious. It was not what I expected and kind of twisted where I thought it was going. I won't say I didn't like it. I am glad I watched it...I liked the cinematography in it. I liked the servant...he was an odd fellow and I couldn't stop watching him.
The Inside Men - compelling plot, cops and robber movie but not with the usual plot. Plus Clive Owens was in it and I think he is sexy.
Children of Men - Again Clive. Very intriguing movie! I really enjoyed it - seeing how they depicted the future and just seeing the story unfold. We watched it when I was just finishing up "He, She and It" - both deal with the future. Neither the same but it did get me thinking about what the future will be like.
The Celestine Prophecy - I wanted to watch because the book had a profound affect on me. Like the book the writing isn't great. The message comes through though like the book. And so I enjoyed watching it.
Good Shepard - long long movie! I had a hard time following it at times when they did flashbacks. But over all the story was good - interesting plot.

I feel like I am forgetting a few movies.

Right now I am reading the Memoirs of a Geisha - almost done with it. I hadn't read it since the book came out years and years ago. I have to say although the book and movie are different I liked them both.

No comments: