Thursday, May 10, 2007

Cleaning my Ears

I think it is odd the things we get stuck in our mind and associate stories, scents, situations with. The other day I was cleaning my ears with a q-tip and I realized that EVERY time I clean my ears I think of this story.

Years and years ago when I lived in Omaha, Nebraska I worked at as an administrative assistant/receptionist. One of the sale people was calling in sick because she needed to go to the doctors. I don't remember her name. I can see her in my head though clearly a very pretty woman. It was probably 15 to 16 years ago when I worked there.

Anyway, I think of her when cleaning my ears because that day she called in sick was because she had been cleaning her ear out with a q-tip in the bathroom. The bathroom door was closed and her little girl came blasting into the bathroom shoving the door into the woman's elbow forcing her hand to push the q-tip into her ear rupturing her ear drum.

OUCH!

So, not only do I think of her when cleaning my ears out - I get sympathy pains and my ears ache a little when cleaning them. I know I am silly that all these years later I still think of her and feel sympathy pain for her.

No comments: