Saturday, January 14, 2006

Mom and Dad Arrived!

My parents arrived safely. We whisked them out to do a mini wine tour shortly after they arrived. And came home with 8 bottles of wine! Oh my we tasted so many wonderful wines. I made stew for dinner, served with hard rolls and a nice red wine. We had butter cake with chocolate ganache icing and toffee ice cream after dinner to celebrate Dad's birthday early. The cake didn't turned out as good as I would have liked. The icing was great but the filling became hard instead of being soft and fluffy. And of course with the altitude the cake wasn't as high as it was suppose to be and that always annoys me.

I am so happy my parents are here as I have missed them a lot. It gets hard at times being so far away and not being able to see them very often.

No comments: