Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Living in the Present Moment

Source: flickr.com via Darby on Pinterest

I honestly do this too much...

“If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” ~Unknown

I think worry about what-ifs and the past and end up not living in the moment and for today. I try to work harder to know and see what is now and enjoy it.  It is something I will continually work on and I know I am happier when I do it.

TinyBuddha posted a good article about living in the now when going through a lot of stress. They did 5 points and then talked about each point. I am going to post the points but please go and take a look at the whole article as it is so good.

1. Realize thoughts are not necessarily reality.

2. Use breathing to center you in the now.

3. Stop comparing now to then.

4. Focus on the happy moments.

I missed the giveaway for Living Happily Ever Now: A Guide + Workbook for Living in the Present Moment, but have been eyeing the workbook and might breakdown and buy it.

No comments: