Monday, December 14, 2009

Bah Humbug

I know I haven't done a gratitude list in a few weeks. Michael's parents were here the 4th and then 11th we were in Denver. I have been going non-stop for weeks and weeks and don't see it stopping until after the holiday.

I am really actually quite down this year. I didn't get a holiday - not a normal one. Things got kind of messed up since when we were in Denver in November. I just haven't had much rest and time to do my usual holiday prep. By now I normally have had presents done, mailed or close to mailing, cards mailed out, house decorated, tree up and decorated, cookies baked, candies made and so on...the only thing done completely on that list is house is decorated. Everything else has things to do still. Some of the holiday cards are out but we didn't have enough stamps so the rest are sitting here waiting for stamps. I haven't made any of my presents but got all the supplies today while we were out. I have not baked anything. Our tree isn't up and I don't see that happening until the weekend. I usually have watched Miracle on 34th Street about 10 times by now but hasn't even been popped in the DVD player yet.

So it isn't our normal Christmas and I am down about it the holiday. I don't feel like we have been home much lately. At least just home to enjoy the holidays and get that Christmas spirit. Usually I am always the one with the holiday spirit...not this year. Someone please find a little extra and pass it my way please?

I need to get back to work on my endless list...and hopefully I will see some positives before Friday's gratitude posting.

No comments: