Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bliss

I am hoping I will have some pictures to share tomorrow. I took almost 200 pictures just need to pull them from my camera.

We went to the Farmer's Market that had of course fruit and vegetable stands but also good eats (brats, gigantic caramel pecan roll), flowers and plants, handmade goods (soaps, candles and quilts), flea market type finds (sunglasses, purses and beanie babies). My Mom bought a gorgeous bouquet that I haven't got a picture of but want to take it where she has it in her house as it look so pretty. And then my sister April got 2 bouquets towards the close of the Farmer's Market for $5 for 2 bouquets - a dozen roses and also a bunch of gerbera daisies. So so pretty. My sister Michelle bought me some homemade soap - coconut pear. So yummy smelling it makes me hungry just inhaling around it!

After the Farmer's Market, my sisters and I headed to the sculpture garden. I had never been there. I took a ton of photos there - between the sculpture and the flowers - just so many pretty shots. If you have never been to Minneapolis, you might still know where I have been by the just me mentioning the spoon with the cherry. It is a big spoon with a cherry sculpture that it is famous for.

From there we went to have ice cream and then go to a store called Patina. It is a store I could lose many hours in and did lose quite a bit of time. There are so many little wonderful treasures. It also had art by Papaya Art which I always enjoy. And had the image I used with this post. One of my favorite images.

We then headed back to my sister's house for a bit before she delivered me back to my parents. I spent quality time with Mom looking at cookbooks and visiting. You know that is where I get my love of cooking and also just browsing cookbooks - from my Mom. I think tomorrow we are going to to Penzeys Spices. I know she will love their spices just as much as I do.

I am missing Michael of course but talking to him a couple times a day so that is good.

Very tired from the busy day. But very happy to have had such a beautiful day with my family! I miss them so much living so far away so it is just fabulous to be able to spend this time with them.

No comments: