Tuesday, April 21, 2009

100 Things | Germany

18. I visited Germany.

In 2001, I went to Germany. A good friend of mine was stationed over there. She was going through a divorce and just needed a little support/friendship so called to see if I could come stay with her. And while there I didn't get to sight see much as she just needed friendship and support. That was just fine with me - I was glad to be there for her. Plus the experience probably more of everyday Germany that way. We went dancing, hanging out with friends, shopping and then just hanging out at home having quality girl-talk. She had great friends there and enjoyed getting to know them. Laughed often.

One day while my friend was at work, one of her friends did come and take me out sight seeing. We went to Heidelberg. It is a beautiful town. We spent most of our time at the Heidelberg Castle.

Photos from the grounds and then buildings/castle all around them.






This view from the castle looking down on the town and the Neckar River that flows into the Rhine.




This is just a shot of one of the buildings in the town. I just loved the looks of them. The building/wall in the upper background is part of the castle.

No comments: