Sunday, July 15, 2007

Trip of Days

Well I was trying to be very careful when writing in May and June because I was so scared I was going to ruin the surprise. My sister's and I threw my parents a surprise 40th anniversary party July 7th.

But we are home now. We came home to a house that was 98 degrees though so we are sweating just a little bit! The air is on high and fans going - but I am fearing the bedroom will not be cooled down by the time we are ready for bed. Ouch!

So just a little summary of our trip....

July 1st - Left for Denver.

July 2nd - we had breakfast with a friend. Michael has know this friend online for 8 years and she was passing through Colorado so we grabbed the change to meet her. She was a total sweetheart.

July 3 - Michael had some meetings and work in Denver.
July 4th - we were on the road to Omaha. We had a nice time in Omaha. We drove past the house I grew up in. I kept saying all the trees are so big every where we went. We had Godfather's pizza for dinner - which is one of Michael's favorite pizza places and we don't have them in Colorado.

July 5th - arrived at my Aunt's in Minnesota. She made dinner for us and my sisters too. We were getting together to make plans and see what was left on our to-do list for the party. Michael and I spent Friday with April picking up the last of the things we needed for the party.

July 7th - the party! It was great! My parents were very surprised! My Mom just stood in the doorway crying for a while trying to take it all in. The video....no words will describe the reaction.....I don't think think there was a dry eye in the place men and women....were teary or choked up by the emotions from it.

The next few days we spent with my parents. It was GREAT seeing them! We had a really nice time with them.

Left on Tuesday - July 10th. We stayed the night in Omaha again and we went to dinner at the place I worked all through high school. It has really good Italian food. On Wednesday morning we had breakfast with a couple that I am very close to. We hadn't seen them since Michael and I moved all my stuff here in 2003. We saw them on our way to Ohio. It was really good to see them.

Arrived in Denver on Wednesday and then spent that with Michael's parents. We had a good time with them. And we also had a chance to get together with Michael's brothers family so that was very nice to get that chance to see them!

Well that was the trip....we had a really good time but as always - are glad to be home. Even though we are jumping back in to the busy. Michael made a project list and it was pretty long. And those are just were the immediate projects not the long term ones.

I wanted to take a moment to also thank Michael for making this trip possible in so many ways. When I was worrying we wouldn't be able to afford it - he made it possible. When I was worrying about the the planning, he was there to tell me it would work out. He made an AMAZING video that really captured my parents. And everyone kept saying that over and over again at that party. Us girls wouldn't have been able to express the things we wanted to without his direction, talent in editing and putting the story together. He also is just so kind and generous. Thank you Michael Thank you Thank you! I love you!


(photos - all from the party - cake obviously is the top one, next is a beautiful center piece for a table, and last one was the food)

No comments: