Sunday, May 21, 2006

Recap of Being Out of Town

Sunday May 14th I started with a migraine cycle - that seemed to get a little worse each day. But I killed it everyday - so by 3 or 4 pm I was okay.

On Tuesday we left for Denver. We try hard not to travel with Caesar and Chessie. Chessie has a hard time of it --- usually getting sick. So the Vet suggested basically an antihistamine to make her groggy and sleep. Well this is the first time she has had to have a pill in her lifetime and it was not a fun experience getting her to swallow it. Caesar is much better at it then her. So we got that done and made she sure she was reacting okay to it and then started loading the car.

Because of opening the new business both of us and especially Michael have a lot going on in our brains - so things are getting missed that normally wouldn't....both of us assuming the other has gotten or taken care of something and later finding out that neither of us did. So it has been a little trying on both of us....especially trying not to get snappy with each other for missing it (which is something neither of us has been great at during this time). Michael had something for work to take with us and so I thought he put it with his other work stuff. And he thought I had got it.

So we are on the road....just under an hour away from home when Michael calls his parents to tell them we are on the way. His parents mention something about work and that reminds Michael of the thing he needed to bring. Michael asks me if I got it. I said, "no." I mentioned I thought he had put it in his work bag. So we pulled over at the next exit to look in the bag and of course it wasn't there.

So yes folks we had to turn back. We went back got it and got back on the road. Despite the turn back we did make good time. It actually went fairly fast for adding the extra time on to the trip.

On Wednesday I woke up with yet again another migraine - worse then Tuesday. So I got up with Michael to eat breakfast right away so I could take something. Michael went to his meeting and I went back to bed for a bit. When I got up it was less but still not gone. We then got to spend the afternoon alone. After Michael's meeting we went shopping before meeting some friends of ours for dinner. We had a very nice dinner. They are such a great couple and we both enjoy their company so much. It would be nice if we could see them more often but I am grateful for anytime we get with them.

Wednesday night when I went to bed my migraine was still not gone. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't gone and that worried me a bit. At 3am Michael and I both woke up and I mentioned my migraine still being around. By 7am it had increased to a place where moving, light, and noise - HURT - so much. Well Thursday was Michael's niece's graduations and so I was hoping I could clear it up by the time we left but no such luck. And even by the time Michael,Frank and Joanne came back from the event - I wasn't anywhere near feeling better. I take that back it was better but not gone and those of you that get migraines know how they just have a lingering effect that is hard to cope with. So we stayed in for dinner but did go out for Cold Stone's after.

Friday I woke up with a lower level migraine. One that I can function with - no problem. It is normal for me. Sad to say but true. We had a late brunch. It was really good. French toast sandwich basically - it was piled with ham and cheese. It was very yummy! After brunch, we hit the Dollar Store. Yay! It was then close to the party time - I had a really nice time at the party with Michael's family. I got time to chat with everyone and ate a lot of good food. Everyone though was very concerned about my migraines so I got a lot of "are you okay" or "how is the headache" while at the party. But they were all so understanding and good about it.

Saturday we just did some running around and Sunday we headed back to Grand Junction. We had a very nice time in Denver.

No comments: