Friday, March 17, 2006

St. Patty's Day

In the 3 years of being with Michael - I have gotten out of making corned beef. One year we forgot that it was St. Patrick's Day and so he just got a deli corned beef sandwich. And I can't remember the other years why but something came up. Anyway, this year I am having to make it. I don't like corned beef at all. I can't stand the smell or the taste. ewww! So tonight I will have some left overs and Michael will have his corned beef brisket. They had a great deal on them at Safeway - by 1 brisket get the other free. So I will be making it again too.

I was looking for ways to cook the corned beef brisket before I had a chance to ask Michael how he wanted it cooked and I came across an article at the Irish Culture and Customs website. Corned Beef on St. Patrick's Day isn't even a tradition in Ireland....only in the USA.

No comments: