Friday, November 04, 2005

A Mouse in the House?

Okay so Michael left to go out of town yesterday afternoon. He will be back later this evening.

I am doing some art last night and needed a bottle of water.....I come out of my room heading towards the kitchen when I see....Caesar our male cat sitting in the kitchen with his head in the space between the dishwasher and fridge. My heart skips....as I know what this means and of course Michael is out of town!

Yes, folks, I think there is another mouse in our house. Our female cat Chessie had been acting a little odd for a few days but she at times is just a little odd. But seeing our male cat as I did last night pretty much guarantees there is a mouse in the house because he is the type of cat that until he sees it even if he can smell it - he won't go after it. It is waste of his time.

Needless to say I did not get much sleep last night.

But on the other hand....I do have to say I am much calmer then I was last year. But of course I have not seen the mouse -- so that might change if I do.

I told Michael about it in a phone call this morning. I think he envisions coming home to me sitting on the middle of the bed -- having been there all day. But so far I have been very productive in my day.

No comments: