Sunday, November 20, 2005

Fattigmanns made it to the WWW

I am going take a wild guess and say that Pillsbury decided to put a Fattigmanns recipe in a holiday cookbook last year. You know those cookbooks...the ones on the supermarket check out lane...the kind that my Mom has tons of....and that I also really enjoy. I am going to say it came out last year thus appearing on the world wide web after Christmas last year. As I remember doing a search for Fattigmann recipe last year and only coming up links to Norwegian type sites (ie: Sons of Norway). But this year I did a search and it came up all over the place but all referencing Pillsbury. And they called them Fried Diamond Twists Fattigmanns Bakkels.

So wondering if I should try to make them again this year. Last year the altitude won the war on baking them. They tasted good but they did not look like a traditional Fattigmann. Although they tasted good...they will never be as good as my Grandma's...hers are always the best.

No comments: