Monday, May 31, 2010

Bacon and Cheddar Deviled Eggs


Okay I know I am in the minority but I have never been fond of Deviled Eggs. I thought they were kind of blah even though I really like hard boiled eggs and egg salad. A friend on Facebook liked the Incredible Egg website a while back and I saw this recipe for Bacon & Cheddar Deviled Eggs and that made me decided to try them again.

I halved the recipe as it is only just the two of us. And we loved them. They are definitely a keeper. They would be great for a summer grill out or picnic!

Bacon & Cheddar Deviled Eggs
Adapted from Incredible Egg

I halved recipe full recipe on the website

7 Hard Cooked/Hard Boiled Eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream (used low-fat sour cream)
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice (didn't use it as I didn't have any around)
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
1/8 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (1 oz.)
1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives OR green onion tops

Directions:
* Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks to medium bowl. Reserve 2 white halves. * Finely chop remaining 2 white halves.
* Mash yolks with fork. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice and pepper; mix well.
* Add chopped egg whites, bacon, cheese and chives/green onions; mix well.
* Spoon 1 heaping Tbsp. yolk mixture into each reserved egg white half.
* Refrigerate, covered, to blend flavors.


1 comment:

Gina said...

oh my this looks soooo up my alley. Going to try it for the 4th gatherings.