Friday, August 25, 2006

Memoirs of a Geisha...

Michael bought me the 2 disc widescreen special edition of the Memoirs of a Geisha. Thank you Michael! Today I watched the movie (again after seeing it many times through netflix a while back) and then right now I am watching the second disc of it. It is really interesting - basically a making of the Memoirs of a Geisha from Geisha Bootcamp, to set design, the dancing, the music and so on. Right now the segment is about the music. John William's did the music. He came to Rob Marshall the director and asked to do the music. John Willam's had never asked for a movie but he wanted this one. So Rob Marshall was basically shocked and honored and of course said yes yes. And then Willam's said to him "I am thinking Yo-Yo Ma and Itzhak Perlman for solo's" and asked Rob what he thought and Rob had to be picked off the floor.

They are now at the dance part and they are talking about the winter dance scene. I love that scene.

Okay going back to work...I know kind of an odd entry but it just struck me in the moment.

No comments: