Friday, October 14, 2005

The last few months

What a fall it’s turned out to be!! I know a lot has happened that I haven’t really blogged about, but it’s been a very busy end of summer/start of fall period of time.

We managed to make it to Conference with nice colds – the yucky crud that it was. Since we were close to 9500 feet up there, let’s just say that it provoked the symptoms to a new level of misery. Still, we survived and I had the privilege of getting an honor of being Investigator of the Year – the highest achievement I could’ve received. Needless to say, I was humbled and honored. It’s still a little challenging for me to say that I was investigator of the year – because I know there are so many other deserving investigators.

In other news, my sister is participating in an arts & crafts show this weekend where some of my photographs will be up for sale.. Needless to say I’m a bit nervous even though everyone has said that the photographs are incredible.. As soon as Darby is finished with her current web design project, we’re going to get cranking on a new design for my site: Reflecting Time. I’m excited about this prospect and since this latest project is a clear indication of the path I’m going, it’s looking like the business maybe starting to take flight on its own – without me! *laughs* Still, it’s exciting, a bit nerve-racking and just nervous in general.. Still, I have faith – and when it appears that I carry a talent with it – then I’m inclined to believe that it’s the right path…

Last weekend, my folks not only helped out with the assembling of my photographic prints, but we took them on the now famous “Loop ride” covering 265 miles all along the western central part of the state.. We were gone for about 9 ½ hours and during that time we saw some of the most incredible scenery around.. Here is just a sampling:

No comments: