Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Deals

This morning we were off the post office early as we had a package to get to Michael's parents. It has their presents but also goodies. I was waiting to get my baking done before sending it. It should get there in time since it is only going to Denver.

Michael received an email from Kohl's this morning about their deal of the day. They are doing a Christmas deal every day until Christmas. And today's deal was a down-alternative comforter for $24.99 any size. We have been talking about getting one for a while as it seems this year we are colder at night. Or at least we are feeling it more. So that was too good of deal to pass up. Unfortunately it is Kohl's and we both really do like Kohl's....I probably like it a little more then Michael but he found things today too. They had all their holiday dishes 75% off - well that is what they do after Christmas so why contend with the crowd. So we got several things. My parents sent us money for Christmas (easier being far away) so we used some of that toward it. We will have Christmas plates for dinner on Christmas Eve. And then we got a set of cute dessert plates that say dream, hope, believe, wish that will be good for Christmas goodies. I also got a 3-compartment tray and a little little bowl shaped like a Christmas tree. We didn't pay over $6 for anything. So really everything was a great deal.

Michael though was wondering if it was a good idea that we had even went into Kohl's by the time we were done. Although I know he likes everything we got. He did say I shouldn't ever need a Christmas dish again. But I know he has to be kidding of course!

I am sure we will be taking pictures of goodies on some of the dishes so I will post them when we do.

But speaking of dishes...here is a little plate from one of the gifts my family sent us as part of the little presents to open before Christmas.



Todays present was a really cute pair of candle sticks with gold stars on them. We picked up some candlesticks today as I didn't have any left (they all melted in the summer when we were away so air was turned off). I hope to use them on our table for Christmas Eve dinner.

Well that is about all for tonight. Tomorrow I need to clean house! It looks like Christmas exploded. I have a little table set up in the kitchen with all sorts of baking supplies. There is a ton of tins and containers on the table full of Christmas goodies. And 2 goodie containers started for our neighbors. And then I have been wrapping gifts all week so I have wrap and all that stuff in the living room. So as I said Christmas exploded. Time to clean up and get ready for Christmas...well tomorrow. Right now bed is calling me as I am so tired with just going going and going non-stop for a while.

No comments: