Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Baking

Today was really just a good day - really good memories made today. We had a day of baking and making Christmas goodies together. Michael usually just lets me have my domain of the kitchen and baking. It is something I enjoy obviously. But I have been a little stressed this year with the everything. I just haven't had my mind in it as much as years past. So Michael spent the day with me in the kitchen and we had a lot of fun. Michael made a batch of Festive Bark and then helped me dip Ritz crackers in pepperminty chocolate. We laughed and just had lots of fun.

So this year I made:
Maple Fudge
Chocolate Fudge
Mint Thins
Festive Bark
Chocolate Caramels - which didn't turn out - we over cooked them so too hard first year that has happened
Sour Cream cookies - which didn't turn out either
Molasses cookies
Cream Cheese Cookies with white chocolate drizzled on them
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Cardamom Butter Cut Out Cookies
and Magic Bars

I made the magic bars because the caramels and sour cream cookies didn't out this year. I made them while listening to the Nutcracker. It is a favorite of mine. 

So heading to bed as I am tired tired. Will post pictures and recipes soon. 

No comments: